What is Spinal Fusion Surgery ?
Spinal fusion is a surgical procedure used to correct problems with the small bones in the spine (vertebrae). It is essentially a “welding” process. The basic idea is to fuse together two or more vertebrae so that they heal into a single, solid bone. This is done to eliminate painful motion or to restore stability to the spine.
Spine surgery is usually recommended only when your doctor can pinpoint the source of your pain. To do this, your doctor may use imaging tests, such as x-rays, computerized tomography (CT) scans, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans.
Spinal fusion may help relieve symptoms of many back problems, including:
- Degenerative disk disease
- Spinal stenosis
- Fractured vertebra
- Herniated disk
Why to have the procedure in India ?
India is known to be the best place for orthopaedic surgeries. All the top multi-specialty hospitals in India have the capability to perform this procedure. The success rate of the procedure is around 90%. Secondly, this procedure in India costs about 10-20% of the cost in a developed economy.
What is the cost of the procedure in India and how long is the stay ?
Spinal Fusion Surgery costs about $6,500 in top hospitals in India and starts at around $5,500 in other good hospitals. Depending on condition, patient spends around 4 days in the hospital and approximately 6-8 days outside hospital in India for healing and getting ready to fly back to their country. The overall stay in India would be around 10-12 days. The overall estimate for the stay with treatment, accommodation, food etc can be found here.
How will contactcure help you ?
We provide a comprehensive website platform, a one stop solution, for patients & their family/friends to research about the treatment procedures, their estimates, best hospitals & best doctors in India. The website users can enquire about treatment, manage their profile & medical records, book online video/audio appointments with doctors, compare & choose from multiple treatment quotes, manage services they require from us, manage post treatment remote appointments and refer & earn.
We are side by side the patient right from the first contact through website or phone until the patient reaches back to his country after treatment and post treatment follow ups. Our services include the following-
- Detailed evaluation of patients’ case from multiple specialist Doctors;
- Providing quotes from multiple hospitals & help select best possible doctor/hospital;
- Medical Visa & Flight ticket Assistance, Priority admission to hospital & appointment with chosen doctor;
- 24/7 Local Assistance in India with services like daily follow ups, local SIM, currency exchange, language Interpreter, accommodation and Local travel & food;
- Assistance in resolving issues with the hospital bill in case of issues;
- Post-treatment rehab/ physiotherapy;
- Assistance in domestic sightseeing and planning and
- Post treatment follow-ups with doctor